This position is now closed.
The Charles Koch Institute is currently seeking a Policy Analyst and Research Fellow to provide classroom, research, and strategic support for the Institute’s ongoing educational efforts. This support will include building comprehensive points of view in key issue spaces, coordination of internal and external research efforts, and occasional production of original research and op-eds. With the rest of the Policy team, this position would be responsible for the Institute’s long-term strategies to advance societal wellbeing through economic freedom.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support and inform CKI educational programs and curricula.
• Contribute to the Institute's talent development programs, directing materials to the classroom where appropriate, and leading classroom or breakout sessions.
• Develop detailed understanding of arguments and actors on all sides of key issues, and identify strategic implications.
• Identify gaps in current research and assist in determining the best ways to fill those gaps when appropriate.
• Work with other teams throughout the Institute to ensure that products are produced in a timely manner, including meeting fixed-date deadlines for some products.
• The policy team serves as the authoritative repository of policy information for other members of the Institute, and this position would also be expected to fill that role.
• Advanced degree in economics or a related field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of and interest in how free markets advance societal well-being
• Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, high sense of urgency, and a passion for economic freedom