The Charles Koch Institute is seeking a program manager to work on our external relations team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Familiarity with one or more of the following policy areas: Foreign Policy, Cronyism and Corporate Welfare, Emerging Technology and Innovation, and Tolerance (including issues such as Free Speech); and depth of knowledge on the relevant thought leaders and institutions.
• Gain a working knowledge of issues, priorities and initiatives in CKI and CKF’s key areas and work with internal teams and external allies to create public facing issue campaigns.
• Build and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations we can partner with to advance societal well-being. Analyze existing relationships and understand where the gaps are in our strategic allies.
• Drive outreach strategies that integrate across Institute and Foundation priorities and investments.
• Create new collaboration tools and platforms to engage traditional and non-traditional allies.
• Find issues of common ground across all allies and coalition build to maximize impact and reach.
• Professionally represent the Institute and Foundation at conferences and events.
• Lead classroom discussions and provide additional support for program participants.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7+ years of experience in related field
• Track record of driving successful coalitions and/or issue campaigns
• Confident oral communicator with solid policy knowledge
• Entrepreneurial spirit and high sense of urgency