The Charles Koch Institute is seeking an External Relations Manager to join its growing external affairs team. This individual will be responsible for outreach and relationship building with traditional and non-traditional allies and organizing and driving strategies in one or more of the following areas: foreign policy, emerging technology and innovation, and tolerance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Familiarity with one or more of the following policy areas: Foreign Policy, Emerging Technology and Innovation, and Tolerance (including issues such as Free Speech); and depth of knowledge on the relevant thought leaders and institutions.
• Gain a working knowledge of issues, priorities and initiatives in CKI’s key areas and work with internal teams and external allies to promote a national conversation.
• Build and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations we can partner with to advance societal well-being. Analyze existing relationships and understand where the gaps are in our strategic allies to further the Institutes mission as a school.
• Create new collaboration tools and platforms to engage traditional and non-traditional allies.
• Find issues of common ground to maximize impact and reach.
• Professionally represent the Institute at conferences and events.
• Participate in and/or lead classroom discussions and provide additional support for program participants.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of experience in related field
• Track record of driving successful outreach strategies, coalitions and/or issue campaigns
• Confident oral communicator with demonstrated interest in one of more of the above policy areas
• Entrepreneurial spirit and high sense of urgency
The Charles Koch Institute is an educational organization focused on the importance of free societies and how they increase well-being for the overwhelming majority of people. Through the Institute’s professional education, research, and training programs, we work to prepare professionals for careers that improve well-being by advancing free societies.