The Charles Koch Institute seeks and enthusiastic editor to join our dynamic communications and marketing team; this individual will play an integral role in supporting CKI’s mission of advancing individual and societal well-being through their integral involvement in refining and reviewing communications of a variety of internal teams. This individual will serve as a resource and key contributor to the effective execution of our products and strategies across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write and edit copy for a variety of communications and policy products, to include emails, web copy, educational and promotional materials, newsletters, and research.
• Provide feedback and edit, proofread, and fact-check support to individuals and teams producing content.
• Manage production and approval pipeline for written content.
• Keep abreast of changes to Associated Press and Chicago styles and actively maintain the house style guide.
• Serve as a resource on grammar and style to staff and students; depending on candidate’s interest, could include leading educational sessions or trainings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Strong editing ability, knowledge of grammar, and attention to detail.
• 1-3 years of experience editing or writing in a journalism, corporate, or non-profit environment.
• Degree in English, writing, or communications preferred.
• Working knowledge of Associated Press and Chicago styles preferred.
• Facility with Microsoft Word and its Track Changes feature.
• Familiarity with Adobe InCopy preferred.
• Strong organizational and multitasking ability; strong time management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent customer focus and collaboration skills; experience working with internal service teams and customers is a plus.
• Desire to improve and develop new processes.
• Strong interest in the ideas of free societies and a desire to advance well-being through a non-profit career.
All candidates will be required to submit a writing sample
The Charles Koch Institute is an educational organization focused on the importance of free societies and how they increase well-being for the overwhelming majority of people. Through the Institute’s professional education, research, and training programs, we work to prepare professionals for careers that improve well-being by advancing free societies.