The Charles Koch Institute seeks an experienced and passionate Creative Director to join our Communications and Marketing team to assist in leading a variety of organizational initiatives while bringing their creative spirit to the Institute’s mission as an educational organization. The ideal candidate will lead the conversation on the creative direction of the Institute and help drive a culture of innovation, creativity, and an emphasis on customer focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ownership over the creative direction of the Institute; conceive and implement a strategy to achieve it.
• Work closely with key organizational stakeholders to develop collateral to most effectively communicate and market complex concepts to influential audiences.
• Direct conceptualizing of creative design for various print and digital media projects.
• Drive development of new brand and visual identity; promote best practices for brand consistency across all organizational products.
• Collaborate with communications and media relations team to develop design strategy for organizational initiatives and implement effective creative media strategy.
• Demonstrate flexibility and strong time management skills through workload prioritization.
• Provide direction to graphic designers assist in the education and development of team and drive a collaborative and positive working environment.
• 10+ years of experience with at least five years leading a multimedia creative team; in-house design is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of advertising, marketing, or graphic design.
• Ability to coordinate simultaneous projects and have good communication with all business stakeholders in each project.
• Strong customer focus and desire to collaborate with other designers and internal stakeholders.
• Experience with campaign and brand identity development and execution.
• Possess excellent organizational and communication skills, professionalism, and the ability to quickly adapt to change.
• Must possess a passion for advancing free societies and societal well-being; moderate understanding of classical liberalism preferred.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and a high sense of urgency
• Highly organized and ability to deliver on tight deadlines
• Superior oral, writing, and editing skills with strong attention to detail
• High level of experience working with: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), PowerPoint, Keynote.
• Please provide a well-diversified portfolio with range of pieces.
The Charles Koch Institute is an educational organization focused on the importance of free societies and how they increase well-being for the overwhelming majority of people. Through the Institute’s professional education, research, and training programs, we work to prepare professionals for careers that improve well-being by advancing free societies.